Factors affecting crop production, climatic, edaphic, biotic, physiographic, and socio-economic factors MCQ for ICAR-JRF/SRF, ICAR-UG, NET, IBPS-AFO, CUET-PG, AAO, FCI, IFFCO, FSO, JET, State exams, Agriculture Supervisor and other agriculture competitive exams.
Crop production can be affected by a variety of internal and external factors, including:
Climatic factors: such as precipitation, temperature, atmospheric humidity, solar radiation, wind velocity and atmospheric gases.
Edaphic factors: soil-related factors such as soil pH, fertility, texture, and drainage.
Biotic factors: pests and diseases that can cause significant damage to crops.
Physiographic factors: physical characteristics of the land such as slope, elevation, and aspect.
Socio-economic factors: such as market prices, government policies, labour availability, and technology.
These factors are important for exams like ICAR-JRF/SRF, ICAR-UG, NET, IBPS-AFO, CUET-PG, AAO, FCI, IFFCO, FSO, JET, State exams, Agriculture Supervisor and other agriculture competitive exams.
1. Which of the following is NOT a factor affecting crop production?
a) Market prices
b) Alien Invasion
Answer: b) Alien Invasion
2. Adequate water is necessary for crop growth, and lack of it can limit crop yields, what is this factor called?
Answer: c) Water
3. Government policies can play a big role in the success of crop production, what is this factor called?
c) Government Policies
Answer: c) Government Policies
4. Which of the following factors is NOT influenced by the genetic makeup of a crop?
a) High-yielding ability
b) Drought resistance
c) Quality of soil
d) Chemical composition of grains
Answer: c) Quality of soil
5. Which of the following is a desirable character related to the genetic makeup of plants?
a) Early maturity
b) High rainfall
c) High humidity
d) High temperature
Answer: a) Early maturity
6. What is the main factor that governs the characteristics of crop yield and quality?
a) Environmental factors
b) Genetic makeup of the crop
c) Soil fertility
d) Water availability
Answer: b) Genetic makeup of the crop
7. Which of the following is NOT a desirable character related to the genetic makeup of plants?
a) Resistance to lodging
b) Tolerance to extreme temperatures
c) Quality of straw
d) Quality of soil
Answer: d) Quality of soil
8. Which of the following factors is NOT considered a climatic factor that can affect crop production?
b) Soil pH
d) Solar radiation
Answer: b) Soil pH
9. How much of crop yield is attributed to the influence of climatic factors?
Answer: d) 50%
10. Which of the following atmospheric weather variables can affect crop production?
a) Wind velocity
b) Soil fertility
c) Market prices
Answer: a) Wind velocity and d) Humidity
11. Which of the following factors are considered as external factors that can affect crop production?
d) All of the above
Answer: d) All of the above
12. Which of the following atmospheric weather variables is NOT considered to influence crop production?
c) Atmospheric gases
Answer: d) Latitude